Well hello and good afternoon to you, the internet. If anyone else is reading, many lovely greetings to you also!
This is the first ever tale from a bruce-eye view, and the view today is not too shabby.
I hope there will be many more tales to follow and I hope they will always reflect the intricate workings of my highly sophisticated (ahem) view-point and what I really think rather than following and regurgitating what others have said. Because at the end of the day, that’s the most important thing isn’t it? Being true to yourself? As the great Lewis Carroll said;
“Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.”
C. S. Lewis English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 – 1963)*
Wise words Mr Lewis. Wise words, indeed. Although, I would point out that this quote applies just as much to ladies as to “man”. Ooh, that was a bit serious wasn’t it? Many apologies to one and all. No call for seriousness on a Friday. No, Fridays are for cake and looking forward to the weekend, which will mostly involve the making and devouring of cake thereof. Mmm cake.
This next section is mainly for my own benefit, to remind myself of what I set out to do in creating this blog. I am fairly sure I will be harking back to this inaugural blog post several times in the future and fear that I may be the only one to do so. So, 2015 me, (we’ll go for one year from now) remember the reasons that we started this: –
– to share tales from our life and forcibly thrust our opinions on the rest of the world (or those that choose to donate their well-earned downtime to our cause)
– to share our favourite books and what we think about them and why we like them because we loves to read we do
– to take beautiful pictures of things and display them rather than forget them
– to document baking adventures with saliva inducing photos
– to waffle on about/ publish some short stories/ scripts that I’ve been working on
– to comment on whatever the heck we like just ‘cos we can
Anyhoo, hope someone out there enjoys our, I mean, my incessant ramblings as much as I enjoy scribbling them. I have been scribbling away for years, using those old fangled utensils called pens and papers, so thought I would give it a go on the old interweb and share them with whoever feels they have the time to wade through my mish mash of a brain. Suitably qualified professionals always welcome.
Ciao for now
*borrowed from http://www.quotationspage.com